Thursday, May 24, 2012

flower power

Since I'm on the kick of telling kinda funny stories here is another one for you.
The day before my wedding we picked up my bouquet, the lady who was doing my reception was also doing my flowers as well. I had explained the size and look of the bouquet that I wanted and named a few of the flowers that I knew I liked. She had done well at understanding the theme/look I was going for with the reception and so I wasn't worried.

Well when we picked up the bouquet she went back to the fridge to get it and brought it out to us and it was huge. And when I say huge, I mean it! 
(and here is a picture to show it)


I rode with it in my lap all the way to Salt Lake because we were staying up there the night before so we wouldn't have to get up an extra hour for driving time.I was looking at it and was so unhappy about it. Everything else was going just right except this bouquet. Once we got to the hotel room I told my mom that I hated it and just needed to redo the whole thing to make it smaller. So there in the hotel room we took out each flower and then started from scratch. (not to mention we didn't have floral tape or any supplies but the jute that was already around it, my dad's knife, and some packaging tape)




But we did it and I loved my bouquet..and even dried it for a keepsake :)




3 comments:

  1. thats so cute! i love it. love those pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun story! You had quite the adventures the week leading up to your wedding! Your frames look adorable, how fun that you get to keep your bouquet! Your wedding was so you, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy huge!! that bouquet could knock someone out! good job editing it down, it looked great! and glad you were able to keep it. youll love having it.

    ReplyDelete